Get Active for an Illinois Single-Payer Health System
There are lots of ways you can help the movement for a single-payer health system in Illinois. PNHP Illinois activists have a wide array of individual talents and experience. If you’re just getting started, you may find it helpful to read the PNHP handout “Finding you Niche in Activism.” (pdf)
Follow the links below for ideas and ways to get involved in the struggle for single-payer. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 312-782-6006.
What You Can Do
- Stay in Touch with PNHP Illinois by joining our mailing list.
- Invite a PNHP Illinois speaker to speak to your community group about single-payer.
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor of your local news publications. PNHP has a handout with tips.
- Finding your Niche in Activism (pdf)
- How to Write an Op-Ed and Letter to the Editor
- Op-Ed Examples
- Letter to the Editor Examples
- How to Make Calls to the Press